Cosmetic Dentistry | Dr. Ross Dixon
|Bonding »||Crowns »||Dentures »||Implants »||Invisalign »||Whitening »||Veneers »|
For All Your Cosmetic Dental NeedsRestore the health and vitality of your smile with cosmetic dentistry. Cosmetic dental services are designed to correct any chipped, discolored, cracked or unevenly spaced teeth. We offer everything from porcelain cosmetic veneers and crowns to the Invisalign invisible orthodontic system. We use the latest innovations and materials in cosmetic all-porcelain crowns and veneers and white filling materials to mimic your natural teeth and maximize longevity.
View examples of our Bonding, Bridges, Crowns, Implants and Cosmetic Veneers Before and After work under each section below.
Dental Bonding is a procedure in which a tooth-colored resin material (a durable plastic material) is applied and hardened with a special light, which ultimately "bonds" the material to the tooth. Unlike veneers and crowns, which are customized tooth coverings that must be manufactured in a lab, Dental Bonding can be done in our offices. Another advantage, compared with veneers and crowns, is that the least amount of tooth enamel is removed. Also, unless Dental Bonding is being performed to fill a cavity, anesthesia is typically not required.
Bonding Is An Option For:
- Repairing decayed teeth
- Closing spaces between teeth
- Improving the appearance of discolored teeth
- Repairing chipped or cracked teeth
- Distribute the forces in your bite properly by replacing missing teeth
- Prevent remaining teeth from drifting out of position
Examples of Our Dental Bonding Work | Click Each Image to Enlarge
A dental crown is a tooth-shaped "cap" that is placed over a tooth as a cover to restore its shape and size, strength, and improve its appearance. The crowns, when cemented into place, fully encase the entire visible portion of a tooth that lies at and above the gum line. Permanent crowns can be made from various materials including; stainless steel, all metal (such as gold or another alloy), porcelain-fused-to-metal, all resin, or all ceramic.
Dental Crowns Can Be Used:
- To protect a weak tooth (for instance, from decay)
- To hold a dental bridge in place
- To cover misshaped or severely discolored teeth
- To cover a dental implant
- To restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down
- To cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn't a lot of tooth left
- To make a cosmetic modification
Examples of Our Dental Crown Work | Click Each Image to Enlarge
We fabricate both full and partial dentures to fit the unique needs of our patients looking to replace a single space or all their missing teeth. By coordinating with our laboratory, we are able to ensure your full or partial dentures are made to last and meet your specific functional and cosmetic requirements.
A denture is a removable replacement for missing teeth and surrounding tissues. Two types of dentures are available - complete and partial dentures. Complete dentures are used when all the teeth are missing, while partial dentures are used when some natural teeth remain.
Dental implants are metal anchors that provide a solid foundation for teeth that look, feel and function just like natural teeth. Implants are the best and most comfortable method of tooth replacement. The adjacent teeth are not affected, and the area can be flossed and cleaned like a regular tooth. We coordinate with a select group of experienced specialist to restore all implant systems and locations. See examples of our Bonding, Veneer before and after
- Improved appearance (cosmetic)
- Improved oral health
- Improved speech
- Improved comfort with the elimination of the discomfort of removable dentures
- Improvement in self-esteem, by giving you back your smile
- Durability, implants are very durable and will last many years. With proper care, many implants can last a lifetime.
- Making it easier to eat
- Convenience of not having to deal with removable dentures
Dental Implants Assist In:
Examples of Our Dental Implant Work | Click Each Image to Enlarge
Invisalign Orthodontic System »
Invisalign is the nearly invisible and easy way to straighten your smile without braces. Dr. Dixon is an experienced, certified Invisalign provider. Invisalign is a series of clear plastic retainers that straighten your teeth comfortably. They are convenient because they are removable, preventing food impaction, and allow for normal brushing and flossing.
Schedule your appointment to learn if you'd be a good candidate for the Invisalign invisible orthodontic system.
Invisalign Oral Benefits:
- Healthier Teeth and Gums
- Easier Cleaning
- Overall Health
Teeth Whitening »
We offer custom fitted take home bleaching trays, which are an easy and effective ways to brighten and whiten your smile.
Each tray is fabricated using a detailed impression of the patient's teeth to ensure a custom and precise fit. The take home trays allow for a more customizable bleaching experience, particulary important for those patients with sensitive teeth.
Cosmetic veneers are a form of cosmetic dentistry in which a shell or layer of tooth-colored porcelain or composite is placed over the facial surfaces of your teeth to correct worn tooth enamel, uneven tooth alignment or spacing, discoloration and chips or cracks.
Cosmetic Veneers Can Be Used to Fix:
- Teeth that are discolored -- either because of root canal treatment; stains from tetracycline or other drugs, excessive fluoride or other causes; or the presence of large resin fillings that have discolored the tooth
- Teeth that are worn down
- Teeth with gaps between them (to close the space between these teeth)
- A chipped tooth or a cracked tooth
- Teeth that are misaligned, uneven, or irregularly shaped (for example, have craters or bulges in them)